Folks, please insist to everyone you know that they and their grandmother must vote so that we don't get this fascist xenophobe into power.
MARK THESE DATES ON YOUR CALENDARS (taken from this website on the 2016 presidential election).
In Texas, early voting takes place Oct 24–Nov 4. All registered Texas voters are eligible to vote early. And they must do so in person and with an ID (see below).
Otherwise, vote on November 8. Polls open 7 AM–7 PM. If you’re in line at your polling location by 7 PM, you’re allowed to vote.
Again, for Texas, bring ONE of the following. The ID must be current, or be expired for less than 4 years:
- Texas driver license issued by the Department of Public Safety
- Texas election ID certificate
- Texas personal ID card
- Texas license to carry a handgun
- US military ID card with your photograph
- US citizenship certificate containing your photograph (doesn’t need to be current)
- US passport
If you don’t have any of these, you’ll need to (1) sign a sworn statement that there is a reason why you don’t have any of the IDs listed above, and (2) bring one of the following:
- Valid voter registration certificate
- Certified birth certificate
- Current utility bill
- Government check
- Pay stub or bank statement that includes your name and address
- Copy of or original government document with your name and an address (original required if it contains a photograph).