Handout for Heterosexual Questionnaire Lesson Plan
Please answer the following questions as honestly as possible.
- What do you think caused your heterosexuality?
- When and how did you first decide you were heterosexual?
- Is it possible that your heterosexuality is just a phase you may grow out of?
- Is it possible that your heterosexuality stems from a fear of others of the same sex?
- If you have never slept with a member of your own sex, is it possible that you might be gay if you tried it?
- If heterosexuality is normal, why are so many mental patients heterosexual?
- Why do you heterosexual people try to seduce others into your lifestyle?
- Why do you flaunt your heterosexuality? Can't you just be who you are and keep it quiet?
- The great majority of child molesters are heterosexual. Do you consider it safe to expose your children to heterosexual teachers?
- With all the societal support that marriage receives, the divorce rate is spiraling. Why are there so few stable relationships among heterosexual people?
- Why are heterosexual people so promiscuous?
- Would you want your children to be heterosexual, knowing the problems they would face, such as heartbreak, disease, and divorce?
| A Lesson Plan from Creating Safe Space for GLBTQ Youth: A Toolkit|
Purpose: To give straight people an opportunity to experience the types of questions that are often asked of gay, lesbian, and/or bisexual people
Time: 40 minutes
Materials: Handout Heterosexual Questionnaire
*Created by Martin Rochlin, Ph.D., January 1977, and adapted for use here.