Friends don’t let friends forget to register to vote!
September 19, 2018
September 25th is National Voter Registration Day, and the deadline to register to vote in Texas for the November election is October 9th. This week, make sure every eligible student, bus driver, cafeteria worker, counselor, custodian, staff member, teacher, and parent is registered to vote. Your vote is your voice and you can’t vote if you’re not registered! The kids are counting on you to speak up for them at the polls, so make sure you are registered today!
1. Celebrate National Voter Registration Day on Tuesday, September 25th by inviting deputy voter registrars (League of Women Voters or Texas Retired Teachers) onto campus to register students and staff.
2. Celebrate civic engagement and show that voting can be fun. Get some ideas from the Be A Texas Voter civics curriculum.
3. Download the new Own Our Vote Toolkit specifically created for teachers and principals.
4. Remind staff and eligible students to now! The last day to register is October 9th.
5. Remind educators to take the if they haven’t already done so!
Social Media Posts to share:
Your vote is your voice. Make sure you register today! #txed #vote
Your students aren't old enough to vote - Be their voice! Register to vote! #txed #vote
Do you have a 2018 voter registration card? Check if you are registered here. #txed #vote
Friends don’t let friends forget to register to vote! Encourage 3 friends to register today. #txed #vote
Texas Educators Vote