Translate

Tuesday, September 20, 2022

"On Racism," by Angela Valenzuela, Ph.D., KVUE News Austin 2022

Here is another KVUE Segment on racism. Like the other two posts, this is in
honor of Hispanic Heritage Month for KVUE News Austin. What folks should know is that I have been teaching about racism via my various courses, including my Race, Ethnicity and the Schools course that I'm teaching this semester, for 30 years.

I got a Ph.D. in Sociology at Stanford University after which I taught at Rice University, then at the University of Houston, and then finally, at the University of Texas at Austin where I've been for the last 22 years. I feel blessed and honored to be able to do what I do. This, and more.

Thanks Dena Goldstein and Ysenia Carrizales for making this possible.

Angela Valenzuela

#HispanicHeritage



No comments:

Post a Comment