- · ending same day registration reducing absentee voting
- imimposing a new requirement for voters to present a government-issued photo ID (or other documentary evidence) that demonstrates proof of citizenship.
- · Cutting the number of early voting days (Florida)
- · Purging potential “non-citizens” from its voting rolls as in the case of Florida; FYI Colorado had also planned to purge is voters but got stopped by the state.
- · Changing state constitutions put before voters that would require a government-issued photo ID (Minnesota)
The American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) has spread fear of a fraud epidemic which is simply not true. This is about the disenfranchisement of particularly minority voters. If this is an issue you care about, consider signing a petition at http://act.colorofchange.org/sign/alec/