Translate

Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Angela Valenzuela receives the 2021-22 Dean's Distinguished Equity & Community Service Award

From yesterday evening's Facebook post:

So incredibly honored. Just won this amazing recognition . Thanks to my College at UT and Dean Charles Martinez for this recognition. Thanks, as well, to my chair, Dr. Victor Saenz, Dr. Blandina Cardenas Flores, Dr. Nolan L. Cabrera, Martha P. Cotera, and Lauren Mena shook for their letters of support. And thanks to my wonderful friends and colleagues in the College for their confidence in me. I so cherish that.
I especially thank my lifelong love and partner, Emilio Zamora for his unflagging support over the years in every way possible. We are very blessed. We are ALL very blessed to have one another despite great hardship and trying times at every turn.
As for our Austin family and community, it is such an honor and privilege for us to do the work that we do.
I want to cry...releasing cleansing, refreshing tears.
Life is brief. Love is real.
Angela ❤️


 

No comments:

Post a Comment