Translate

Sunday, December 10, 2023

Calling on ancient Maya wisdom to heal a traumatized and injured planet, Compliments of the late Maria E. Martin

Please go to this link to view a beautiful compilation and tribute to the late Maria Martin, a dear friend and colleague of mine whom I would have loved to have gotten to know better. 


Maria, thank you for living such an incredibly courageous and prolific life as a journalist and for paving the way for others, especially women of color coming from behind. 


You made a way out of no way for the larger and bigger purpose of bringing subaltern voices and perspectives to light. Your journalistic giftedness and social justice ethic, are a gift to the world. 


From this page dedicated to many of your recent work, I came across The Spiritual Edge podcast that I'll be checking out and that I'm sure you'd be happy that I shared. It's awesome to see you featured in a story in today's New York Times titled, Maria Emilia Martin, Creator of Public Radio’s ‘Latino USA,’ Dies at 72 by Penelope Green.


The best way that I can honor you, Maria, is by featuring one of your many stories that I think also happens to be uniquely made for this moment for our deeply troubled world. It's titled, Calling on ancient Maya wisdom to heal Guatemalan widows


I encourage everybody to link and then listen to it. 


It's a salve for the soul. 


Gracias! We are beyond indebted to your life and legacy. I did some healing myself today. 


Maria E. Martin ¡Presente!


-Angela Valenzuela


Guatemalan widows


Rosalina Tuyuc offers the wisdom of her ancestors to

a country scarred by war


by Maria Martin

Rosalina Tuyuc offers the wisdom of her ancestors to a country scarred by war








No comments:

Post a Comment